Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Divine Direction: Unfolding Your Purpose

You are a free moral agent so you can do whatever you want to do and you can choose whatever you want. But like any good father, provisions are made that will enable you to have the perfect plan for your life.

The race is set. Your job is to discover the plans and the purposes that God has chosen for you. The discovery of said is called vision but you need instructions and directions to help you to get to that destination.

Locating God's Direction for Your Life (Divine direction or instruction)

Your direction is wrapped up in the instruction.

How do you receive direction?

1. The Word of God
2. The Voice of the Spirit

The Word of God - the compass

Prayer: Lord as I go through your Word, open my eyes to locate direction. Help me to encounter light in my area of calling so that I will know what steps to take. I believe I receive it right now! Amen!

The Voice of the Spirit
This starts with the Word of God because if you don't know the Word of God you will open up yourself to strange voices. Sheep know their Shepherd's voice so as you start to spend time with God, you will learn to "hear" His voice.

If I say something to you but you are not in the same room with me, then most likely you won't hear me or you won't hear me clearly. Likewise, if you are not in God's presence, don't expect to hear from Him!

Whereever God has mapped out (my high calling) for me has a purpose and will bring me to utmost fulfillment!

If you want to know why you were created, ask the Creator!

References

Psalm 119:105 - God's Word is a lamp unto your feet (shows you where to walk and lights up your path)
Proverbs 22:29 - Be diligent in your calling (business, IT, ministry), don't be slothful and you will stand before kings!
Deuteronomy 28:1 Hearken (hear and do) the voice of God and be diligent to keep God's commandments
Proverbs 14:23 - In ALL labor, there is profit! Talk is cheap!
Hebrews 12:15 Let go of the bitterness - its blocking your direction
2 Timothy 3: 16 - All scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for instruction

No comments:

Post a Comment