Monday, January 23, 2012

Living Life to the Fullest: The Full on Noella Lumbala

Noella Elisabeth was born in Kinshasa, Congo. She spent her entire life in France (mostly in Rennes and Paris where she currently resides). Ethnically speaking, she is from the Bantu group but more specifically a Muluba from the Oriental Kasai located in Democratic Republic of Congo.
I am very fond of her because our passions and desires are mirror images of each other
-God
- Empowering females



-Politics
- Fashion




Photography


Travel (photo taken in Venice, Italy)


So we connected instantly. Our birthdays are only a day apart so that’s not very surprising!

But the reason I chose to interview her is because she inspires me. She has a desire to promote awareness of the severity of rape as an epidemic in Congo. A woman is raped in Congo almost every minute. Noella would like to promote awareness of the severity of what has now been labeled as the “rape capital of the world” (CNN)

Iron Lady: What educational path did you pursue and why?
Noella: Being Congolese and living my entire life in France, I wanted to pursue studies that would reflect diversity, languages and multiculturalism. So in high school I was in a program with extensive English classes (called European classes). I mastered in Marketing and all my studies reflect my pursuit of knowledge.

Iron Lady: What are your hobbies?
Noella speaks passionately about theater and movies stating that it isn’t the same as watching a movie from your couch!
Noella: I love going to the theater, eating pop corn with my friends and just enjoying the movie. Traveling is more than a hobby for me, it’s a way of life. Very few people can understand my need to travel! I’m not rich yet I manage to go places I want to visit. I feel adamant to see the world!

Iron Lady: What are you passionate about?
Noella: I’m passionate about God and His wonderful wonders. I’ve come to realize than nothing is more important than my relationship with him! I used to hide and be discreet about my love for God but He said who he is ashamed of me, I will reject him! Wow! I don’t care if people consider me to be a crazy young woman but I’m in love with Jesus. I’m not afraid of showing my faith!
I am passionate about travel and where people come from. I’m a curious young lady that strives to see, understand and learn my fellow people on the earth.
I’m also passionate about life and my friends and family are the most important factor in my life! My friends and family made me who I am today! I’ve grown up so much these past years just interacting observing and asking questions. I still have a long way to go as I feel many things I have to discover.

Iron Lady: What are your favorite topics of discussion or interest?
I love talking about politics with my family! I always talk about God and as young woman of this generation I love talking about fashion, specially African fashion which is becoming the new trend in Western countries.

Iron Lady: What encouragement do you have for people who think they lack purpose on the earth?
Noella: I think everyone has a purpose on earth! God created us for a specific reason. You may not know what that purpose is, or may have been conceived “by accident” or even worst but let me tell you that your presence on earth is not an accident! God tells us in Jeremiah 1:5 that He knew us in the womb of our mothers! God has a purpose and a plan for every single one us. God has placed everything we need within us and around us! Ask questions to your Christian friends about their faith, read the Bible or even better ask God directly! It doesn’t cost you anything and He will answer you! As for me, I know that I will do something on the international scale! Stay tuned. This year has been great revelation for me and I am learning every day! God already did his part! Do yours and you wont regret it!

Iron Lady: Where do you draw inspiration?
Noella: I draw inspiration from my parents and family in general. My father calls us warriors and my mum calls us children of God! So I am a child of God and a warrior. Nothing can defeat me! Yes, there are obstacles in life, sometimes you even wonder if you are going to get through it or want to give up. I found myself like that and then I realized that there are so many things I have to achieve! I cannot give up until I do what I was sent to do. In a nutshell, strong personalities like Mandela, Lumumba, my parents and others who made history are my heroes.

Iron Lady: What are your favorite quotes?
Noella: Proverbs 37:4 and Proverbs 19: 21
Delight yourself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Proverbs 37:4
There are many plans in a man’s heart. Nevertheless the Lord’s counsel that will stand. Proverbs 19: 21



Follow her blog: http://mwanamboka.wordpress.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment