Thursday, January 26, 2012

Boy can I relate to this!

Original post by Katie Marshall : http://katiemarshall.blogspot.com/
我离开中国一年多前。(I left China a year ago)

If I were to be completely honest--which I'm not convinced is possible--I would admit that when someone asks me for a blog post, or tells me they check my blog daily because they love reading it, I shine inside. Fireworks shoot out of the ends of my hair. I grow to be 6 feet tall, and could run 1,000 miles without taking a drink of water.


Then I sit at my computer and stare at the page for a few hours, hoping a brilliant thought will crawl out of my ear and onto the keyboard. That's what I've been doing for most of today. The result has been a few scratched out sentences in my notebook, and a lot of coffee flowing in my veins.


When I write, most of the work is done before I ever sit at the computer. I carry a notebook with me and I observe things while I'm inhaling smoke on a train, bouncing down rutted mountain roads on a bus, sipping coffee in a cafe by the river. I no longer do any of those things on a regular basis, and I've lost the habit of soaking in human behaviors around me. I left China over a year ago, and somehow don't feel like I've moved at all since then. It's time for that to change! The future is mine for the shaping, and I will not let it pass me by.

"The mission of life is to live [your] potentiality. How do you do it? My answer is, 'Follow your bliss.' There's something inside you that knows when you're in the center, that knows when you're on the beam or off the beam, and if you get off the beam to earn money, you've lost your life. And if you stay in the center and don't get any money, you still have your bliss."
-Joseph Campbell


"Don't ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
-Howard T

No comments:

Post a Comment