Monday, June 4, 2012

Words have power

Whoever said words do not have power has never experienced words that pierce the heart. Words that trigger tears of joy; words like the magical non cliché version of “I love you”; or words that incite pain/anger because of bad news. As soon as I walked in to work today, my co-worker called to find out if I heard about the plane crash in Nigeria. Fear gripped me immediately. I started to write an email to ensure that everything was OK but I did research and found out that the plane crash was on Sunday.


http://www.google.com/#q=nigerian+plane+crash&hl=en&prmd=imvnsu&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=0LPMT7iDEYOg2gXY8MiECg&sqi=2&ved=0CCAQqAI&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=ff4d3167e196d622&biw=1053&bih=430

I guess I was wearing my emotions on my sleeves because while I thought I was masking pretty well how worried I was, another co-worker said “what’s wrong, you look pretty down in the dumpsters?” LOL – well thank you for those words which I interpreted as “you look like crap”!

Side note: May God be with the family and friends of the ones who recently perished.

No comments:

Post a Comment