Friday, June 29, 2012

I moved my cheese


This book came to mind when my doctor advised that I should be careful about consuming dairy. I LOVE chocolate, cheese, milkshakes, ice-cream, lattes and the works so when I started reacting negatively to dairy, it was hard to digest (pun intended) that I would be subject to a dairy free life. I am believing for complete healing and that my body will once again produce enough enzymes of lactase to breakdown my lactose. In the interim, I am on a white rice and meat diet, not so bad eh?! This is what the doctor recommends for the elimination stage:

White rice
Meat
Fruit: Banana, blueberry, grapefruit, grapes, honeydew melon, kiwi, lemon, lime, mandarin oranges, orange, raspberry, strawberry
Sweetner: glucose, maple syrup, sugar
Lactose alternative: brie, camembert, yogurt, gelato, rice milk, sorbet
Vegetables: bok choy, carrots, celery, corn, eggplant, green beans, lettuce, parsnip, scallions (green part), tomato
Garlic (small portions)

Beyond elimination
Journal
Reintroduce one food at a time
72 hours with no symptoms reintroduce another food

No comments:

Post a Comment