Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What does it mean to be saved?

I hear people talk about being saved as simply a “get out of hell free” card; others say that they are saved because “they do good things” while some believe that being saved means applying “Christian principles” to your life on Sundays and giving the devil a run from its money the other days of the week!
Well being saved is very simple, you are saved after you say the “salvation prayer” based on Romans 10:9 that “if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.” Yes, it’s that simple (life usually is, it is us complex humans that complicate it)
So the salvation prayer goes a little something like this:
“Dear God, I admit and recognize that I am a sinner. I repent and turn away from my ways. . I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that you died for my sins. Thank you for saving me this day!”
Break it down:
You are a sinner because everyone born after Adam and Eve were born into sin, not because of something you did or didn’t do. So just like how sin entered the world through one man, one man {Jesus} died so that we could be renounced of our sins! Repent simply means turning away 360 degrees from your old ways.
What people do not understand is that when you say the salvation prayer, it is simply your spirit that gets saved, As a result, you will continue to think the same way and do the same things. This is why we read the Bible, we learn how to operate as a follower of Christ and renew the mind. Once the mind is renewed (saved) and the spirit has already been saved, the two can gang up on the body and get the flesh to come into line with the Word of God! So don’t judge someone who is a Christian but still has previous habits, we are all a work in progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment