So yes the game was on Sunday but I didn’t see it so we are talking about it today! Arseblog said it best so instead of trying to skillfully maneuver words to sound like a soccer genius, I am just going to quote them, why reinvent the wheel? :)
Source: ArseBlog www.arseblog.com
Arsenal 2-1 Sunderland
• “The best and the worst of Arsenal were on display yesterday.
• “Arsenal were playing really well and it looked a matter of time before the second.”
• “Instead, we went into self-destruct mode.”
• “They equalized through a quite fantastic free kick, given against Arteta, from Seb Larsson. It went over the wall and into the top corner. It went over the wall and into the top corner. There wasn’t a thing Szczesny could do about it.”
• “Overall it was a game and performance which showed both sides of us. When we’re confident we look more like the Arsenal we’re used to seeing.”
• “But such is the brittle nature of that confidence that it only takes one moment to make us look as shaky as we did in the last 15 minutes of the first half”
• The point, we won with two Van Persie goals!
For a two minute highlight, see: http://player.arsenal.com/home/player/1015-sunderland-h-bitesize