• LOGIC – “If you fall off that swing and break your neck, you can’t go to the store with me.”
• MEDICINE – “If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, they’re going to stay that way.”
• THINKING AHEAD – “If you don’t pass your spelling test, you’ll never get a good job!”
• GENETICS – “You are just like your father!”
• ESP – “Put your sweater on; don’t you think that I know when you’re cold?”
• BECOMING AN ADULT – “If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up.”
• ANTICIPATION – “Just wait until your father gets home!”
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, fathers who mothered, women who want to be mothers, expectant mothers women who helped to raise other children without the official title of mother and women who should have been mothers but for some reason or another are not. We honor you!