Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rethink REST | rethink STRONG

Faith Tabernacle
Crystal Elliott

- Elijah asks the question: How long will you stand between two opinions? If God is God then follow Him even if you have to stand alone (I Kings 18:22)
- Some people have more confidence in their dead god than we have in our living God
- God crowns those who endure, not necessarily those who finish first, it is OK if someone goes before you because eventually they will have to come back to the truth (I Kings 18:25, 30)
- Elijah called for water to be thrown on the wood even though the land was in a drought. Don't be stingy with God when you are in a "drought" of your life.
- Be persistent, stand until God allows the manifestation of what you are believing Him for!
Rethink REST (1 Kings 19:3) when God feeds you, you will be fulfilled. He is for me even when I don't have it all together and I am feeling down. Rest is setting aside my way of doing things and allowing God to intervene! It is ok to ask for help (2 Corinthians 12:8)
- Rethink STRONG - Take a break! Sit still and listen to His Voice. He is strong in my time of weakness. Commit to a time of prayer and fellowship. God gives me all I need when I sleep in His peace, otherwise He asks "what do you need Me for? (1 Corinthians 1:27-29)
- Life is all about pace, God's pace with me, our pace.
- Be careful not to commit idolatry of self-reliance, do not make God your last resort - make time for prayer and depend on Him

Key references: 1 Kings 18, 19 | Luke 1:37 | Galatians 6: 9 | 1 Corinthians 1:27-29 | 2 Corinthians 12:8

No comments:

Post a Comment