Saturday, May 19, 2012

Approaching London Bridge

My flight was on Virgin Atlantic from New York JFK to London Heathrow. People have said that practice makes perfect and repetition is the key to excellence but I beg to differ. I have boarded so many flights and heard the safety announcements but believe me, in the case of an emergency, I am no more prepared than the person who is flying for the first time! I do recall that everything you need will drop out of the ceiling automatically and more importantly, help yourself before helping others! So not scriptural lol but this VA flight had theee coolest safety video announcement



I did not film this video, I found it on YouTube! I actually wanted to listen to it as opposed to it being my normal queue to fall asleep! My favorite parts highlight the British accent that life vests can be "topped up" meaning inflated and 3mins.33secs - please make sure you remove high heeled shoes - then they have a picture of a guy in cowboy boots.

After disembarking the plane, I saw a huge crowd of people waiting to be interrogated and have their passports stamped. I walked briskly towards the line
 This gentleman tried to get my attention and handed me a pink card that read "Fast Track"




 This allowed me to enter the shorter line for VIPs and business class. I waited for less than 10 minutes and I was on my merry way.


No comments:

Post a Comment