Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Who am I?

God never meant for us to perform. Lack is not of God. When he placed Adam and Eve in the garden they did not have to work or toil or sweat! Satan comes in the garden and deceives them saying "if you want to be like God do this..." They took the bait and ate the fruit.

Pause....whats wrong with that picture?
Genesis 1:26 Adam and Eve are made in the likeness of God so they are already like God
Genesis 3:5 Eat the fruit (perform) and you will be like God.

Adam and Eve had an identity crisis not knowing who they were. Fast forward, satan tried to tempt Jesus saying "IF you are the son of God...do this (perform...prove it)"
Jesus passed the test and told satan back off beast.

Do you know who you are? Are you "working" and doing "good deeds" to earn what Jesus already gave freely? Are you "DOing" something to prove you are a Christian? God died for me and gave me His best while I was at my worst. What can I possibly do to get His acceptance now? Nothing. Just be. Saved by grace not works

I am a human BEing not a human DOing!

No comments:

Post a Comment