Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Puerto Plata, DR Day 1


The girls and I met at the airport early Thursday morning, grabbed breakfast and less than four hours later, we were in the Dominican Republic.





We were greeted by a live band and a scam to pay $10 tourist fee lol.


Uhm, didn't I pay that with my flight, all the taxes and depature fees. It's the funniest thing ever. You walk to a counter and you are handed a tourist card after submitting $10US, about 3 footsteps later, there is a lady serving free rum and coke, 2 steps later, you hand the card that you just purchased back to someone else and then you are allowed to get your passport stamped! What in the world?!

Tired, need a vacation, how convenient!


Yup, that's a real person that's me fast asleep on the beach, I like covers, sue me!




Later, we went to the spa for a sauna/jacuzzi/scrub/massage package and then got ready for the welcome party

Ladika and I went to the beach with a few other people and stayed until after midnight, it was beautiful just watching the stars and the waves crashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment