Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Faith is drinking the water


What?

James 1:22 "But be doers of the word and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."
James 2:17 "Faith without works is dead"

So let's put these two scriptures together and break it down.

A man is dehydrated after being stranded in the desert for a week. He is dying of thirst. People attend to him and bring him water. He confesses "I believe that if I drink this water I will not die." Everyone gets excited because they know that this is the truth. They pour him a glass of water.

He looks at the water and says "I believe that if I drink this water I will not die"

He starts getting excited because he knows what to do and he exclaims "I believe that if I drink this waterrrrrrrr" and then he dies. Having faith that drinking the water will save you is not enough, you have to act on drinking the water. Hearing that water is the cure for thirst is not enough, you must drink the water. Faith is acting on what you believe.

Faith is drinking the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment