Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Something told me...

Call me crazy if you must, but I believe that God talks to me. He actually speaks to us all, the issue is who listens? Would it be easier to grasp if I said that God and I “communicate” – perhaps “talk” sounds too “human-like” whereas communicate is open to interpretation. Animals communicate, babies who are unable to speak communicate. Now that the issue is not the ability to hear “words” or “hear” with an “audible voice”; besides, if we limit conversation to words, how do you explain body language? Someone once said that coincidences are God’s way of remaining anonymous. I do not believe in coincidences and in my life, these “coincidences” have God’s handprint all over it. Ever had something happen to you and you knew you should respond one way but didn’t? For example, someone invites you somewhere and you don’t think it’s a good idea to go, you can’t rationalize why, so you go anyways and regret the decision? Trust your peace. Later you say something like “”Something told me that I should have…” or “my instincts/intuition told me not to go” All these thoughts, images, recollections, feelings, signs are ways of God communicating with us! Now do you think that the God who created the universe communicates with you?


Over the next few weeks, I intend to be very sensitive to what we can call…uncommon dialogue. Join me on this journey and hopefully "something" will become more personal

No comments:

Post a Comment