Sunday, October 7, 2012

I'm not an achiever, I am a receiver

Thought for the day: Be a receiver, not an achiever – if it’s* already done, why reinvent the wheel? {*It – whatever you want it to be!}


1 Corinthians 1:30 states “God has united you with Christ Jesus. For our benefit God made him to be wisdom itself. Christ made us right with God; he made us pure and holy, and he freed us from sin.” Righteous

My understanding is that Jesus is my wisdom, He makes me blameless before God (righteous), He makes me one with God (holy) and took away my sins ~ past, present and future (redeemed). Why do we keep trying to acquire wisdom, holiness, righteousness and redemption without Jesus?

Jude 1:24 ~ Now all glory to God, who is able to keep you from falling away and will bring you with great joy into his glorious presence without a single fault.

He is able to keep us from falling, He is able to bring us great joy. Do you know how liberating it is to know there is Someone greater who loves you and is completely willing and able to help you? Stop trying to achieve it, just receive it!

No comments:

Post a Comment