Thursday, March 22, 2012

In Vino | Believe and Receive

Work is such a major inconvenience in my life LOL. My friends are out and about in Central Park

waiting for my work day to end so I can spend some time with them.
I finally meet up with them and we head to In Vino, a cute Italian restaurant in the Lower East Side. Katie's Pappardelle con I Gamberi Arrabbiati was so appetizing. It's a spicy dish of pappardelle with white wine, shrimp, and cherry tomatoes.

Sammie had the amazing Ravioli Tartufati ai Porcini (Porcini ravioli in a truffle cream sauce)

I had the delicious Tagliata Toscana ( grilled skirt steak with balsamic vinegar, served with roasted potatoes and spinach)
From left to right, me, Katie, Ben and Kristi (Rachel's friends from Boston College), Rachel and Sammie.



Time to go!




Strolling down the platform at Jay St Metrotech waiting for the blue line.



***************************************************************************





On another note: Just believe and receive - this is an email forward that I received that applies to healing. Think outside the box and apply it to every aspect of your life. If you have ever prayed for anything, know that God heard you and granted you the desire of your heart. The question is "did you receive it?"Let's not get deep about it. If I extend my hand to you to give you a gift and you choose not to take it, that does not negate the fact that I made the offer, intended to give and even left it on your doorstep hoping you will come back and get it. I gave it to you and now you have access to it whenever you want. So take it--






Mar 22 - Healing Always Comes
"And these signs shall follow them that believe...they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover."(Mark 16:17-18)






Dear Paulette,I used to get upset over people I'd lay hands on who wouldn't get well. I was praying one day and seeking God about it when He spoke to my spirit and said, "Healing always comes." I remember I said, "What do You mean, Healing always comes? Not everybody gets healed." "I didn't say they all received it," He answered. Then He spoke very sternly to me. "I do My part. And I said they would recover!" Those words hit me like a ton of bricks. He said they would recover. He never lies. So if He said they would recover, then that means healing always comes. It's not God who's holding back. It's the receivers who aren't receiving. Since then, I've never had any trouble laying hands on people and believing for them to be healed. Whether they walk away well or not, I just keep standing in faith for them. In fact, I know if that fellow who went away still sick ever lines his faith up with God and me--I don't care if it's five years from now--he'll be healed. If you've laid hands on someone who didn't receive his healing, don't cut off the flow of God's power by withdrawing your faith. Stand fast. Keep believing that "healing always comes" and somewhere down the line that poor sick fellow may just decide to stand up and agree with you!
Scripture Study: Mark 10:46-52

No comments:

Post a Comment