Wednesday, November 14, 2012

India: Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum) to Delhi

Ladi and I woke up at 3:15am to make our 6:05am flight. Our taxi driver was racing the streets like he owned it and though we were running late, he managed to get us to the airport on time. The only issue was that it was the wrong airport. I asked Ladi to stay in the taxi while I checked our flight details. Our flight info stated that we were flying out of Trivandrum International but we should have actually been in the domestic airport!

Ten minutes later we raced over to the domestic airport and confirmed that we were in the right airport. At this time its 535am, our flight is boarding so we race to the check in counter

Ro: I am so sorry we are late, we went to the wrong airport. Sorry
Attendant: Miss, I'm sorry the counter is closed

My eyes grew bigger in shock/despair
Attendant (laughs) : Please put your luggage here

Not funny! I started laughing eventually, run to the security gate, five people ahead of us, as soon as we exit, we are at the boarding gate.

A few rows in, we find our seats and I say to Ladi, these people better hurry up, we have been waiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment