Sunday, December 9, 2012

Balance is the key to life

There are certain words associated with Christianity and most often, they do not include strong, bold or fearless.
As a Christian, I often have to remind myself that being a Christian does not mean that you allow people to take advantage of you or treat you in a way you would never treat yourself. It does however mean that you forgive people for their faults and offences against you. Lets be clear, that does NOT mean that you have to keep them in your inner circle and give them more opportunities to hurt or offend you. You can love from a distance.
While this may come as a shock to many who perceive me as a social butterfly, I  have been flirting with the concept of friendship as a luxury not a necessity. I am blessed to have some of the most amazing friends, I will not deny that. Nevertheless,I am learning to understand that I need to explore the concept of permanent interests not permanent relationships.

1 comment:

  1. Boo... I remember thinking that it was weird that Einstein of all people was quoted to have said this - "If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." But it has stuck with me ... at least for a little bit. Strong, bold, forgiving and fearless all sound like Christian values to me especially since they don't seem mutually exclusive. I hope this post doesn't mean you're having a bad day / week / end of year x sash

    ReplyDelete