Sunday, August 19, 2012

En route to Sonia

En route to Sonia


 Austrian Airlines ~ Vienna to Istanbul




 Time for landing
 The view from the airplane ~ The World Trade Center

 So based on Sonia's crazy map, I am supposed to take the airport bus to Taksim. You'd think that I fly 16 hours to see her, she would pick me up, right? I was actually up to the challenge of figuring out how to get there considering I speak zero Turkish!
 He said: Where is your friend?
I said: She's probably at home sleeping waiting for me to get there, she's lazy
Then he said: Is this your first time here? I said yes, then he said "Yup, she's lazy"
 Views from the bus to Taksim









 As soon as I got off the bus, Ali asked me if I needed a taxi. He helped me with my bags. I told him to turn on the meter and he said "no problem" and didn't turn it on. Then he kissed me on my hand and I pulled away. He asked "problem?" I responded "yea, big problem". He apologized. 
 He kept telling me how beautiful I was, after getting tired of hearing it, I said "where's your wife"; he promptly advised me that he didn't speak English lol. I said "girlfriend?" He motioned to his ring finger and said "girlfriend, no". That didn't work, we finally get to Sonia's house (it was supposed to take 5 mins but he seemed to take the scenic route) and he asks me if I am staying alone, I was like "nope 5 people" lol. 

I asked him for the price ready to start negotiating since he refused to turn on the meter, he said "no problem" and then informed me that the ride was free.
 Finally, I get to see Sonia!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment